We'll share crafts & activities related to our story times here, so even if you aren't able to make it to our online story time, you can still join in on the fun!
Here are some other resources we've gathered!
Books & Learning & Lessons
- Science Lessons from Mystery Science - "To help educators during this time of coronavirus, we have pulled our most popular science lessons and are offering them for anyone to use for free. No account or login is needed."
- Scholastic Learn At Home
- United by Books - Book Resources
- A library of resources from Children's Author Kate Messner for kids, families, teachers, and librarians to make sure that reading & learning can happen anywhere this spring.
Things to watch at home
- Cincinnati Zoo "While the Cincinnati Zoo is closed and kids are home from school, let us help make your children’s hiatus from school fun and educational. Join us for a Home Safari Facebook Live each weekday at 3pm EDT. All videos will be posted to this webpage and to our YouTube channel shortly after the Facebook Live ends."
- Metropolitan Opera "During this extraordinary and difficult time, the Met hopes to brighten the lives of our audience members even while our stage is dark. Every day for the duration of the Met’s closure, a different encore presentation from the company’s Live in HD series will be made available for free streaming."
Story Times & Read alouds
- Visit our Facebook Page to stay up to date on our Story Times!
- https://www.storylineonline.net/ Videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations.
- SOAC - A Sand County Almanac Daily Reading daily @ 3 pm
Drawing + Creative Resources
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems - every day @ 12 pm Central. "Grab some paper and pencils, pens, or crayons. We are going to doodle together and explore ways of writing and making."
- Draw Everyday with JJK - Children's book author/illustrator Jarrett Krosoczka is hosting free webcasts for you and your kiddos. If you can't watch live, each art lesson will be archived. Get your kids creating, drawing, using their imagination.
- FB LIVE with Ben Clanton - Stuck at home? Want to draw with me and talk about waffles and mermicorns? I'm doing two FB LIVE sessions this next week. March 18th at 1 pm & March 20th at 4 pm
- Kids Ask Authors - a 5-10 minute podcast where children’s book author/illustrator Grace Lin and a guest author answer one question from a child reader.