Rock Springs Library Reopening Plan -- Approved by the Library Board 6/9/20
During a pandemic, the Rock Springs Public Library will follow Wisconsin and Department of Health Services orders. The Library will offer varying levels of service based on CDC recommendations and state/county orders during a pandemic to keep library staff and patrons safe. Staff and patron safety is of the upmost priority. As such if the Library runs out of the necessary personal protective equipment or cleaning supplies necessary to ensure safety in the building or a local outbreak occurs, it may at any time alter/reduce services or close to the public. Access to cleaning supplies during a pandemic is highly volatile. As a high touch public building, the Library cannot guarantee the cleanliness of materials and equipment.
When the Library is open to the public, patrons and staff of the Library must follow all guidelines as set forth by the Rock Springs Public Library at that time. Guidelines will be based on CDC recommendations, state orders, or county orders. Failure to comply with library guidelines may result in a loss of library privileges.
Details and procedures may be altered at any time by the Library Director within the guidance of the library board, CDC recommendations and state and/or county orders. The board may review this policy at each meeting during the pandemic.
- Follow DPI’s Wisconsin Public Libraries Reopening Guide, WEDC and SCPH guidelines to the best of our ability.
- Library will be open regular hours starting Monday, June 15.
- Curbside service will continue to be available.
- Programs will stay virtual through June, and will be reassessed in July.
- Number of patrons in building at one time to be limited to 5. Capacity will be monitored and adjusted based on recommendations from the County and/or State. If needed, Director may limit amount of time patrons may be in building.
- Social distancing is required. Computer work stations, circulation desk and shelving will be moved to help facilitate this.
- Staff and patrons encouraged to use PPE and recommended hygiene practices. Library will post advisory signs about PPE and hygiene practices. Disposable masks and hand sanitizer will be available for public to use.
- Children under the age of 12 may not use the library unattended by an adult.
- Patron computer time may be limited, since demand might be higher than usual.
- Items should be returned to the book drop or marked bins only to minimize staff handling of materials. Materials will be quarantined for 72 hours before handling. Items will be checked in fine-free to avoid handling money.
- Anyone, both patrons and staff, feeling sick and/or displaying symptoms of COVID-19 should not come to the library and will be asked to leave if they do so.
- Employees should self-monitor and stay home when they are sick or exhibiting symptoms.
- Allow but not require online attendance for staff and board meetings.
- Library may be closed on short notice by Library Director, if there is a resurgence of the virus in our community or other issues related safety/health issues arise, based on City, County, State, or Federal agency reports/recommendation
- The public will be notified of changes in service level through the Library’s website, social media, and the Library’s e-newsletter.